Fabric Shopping for Flamenco Dance Costumes Has Its Challenges
The one question I get asked all the time is “What kind of fabric should I use for my flamenco costume?”
If you are wondering too you’ll love the Flamenco Fabric Guide!
If you’ve ever sewn anything you know that the right type of fabric can make the difference between an ok outfit and an absolutely stunning one, between one that ends up in the last corner of your wardrobe and one you never get tired of wearing.
The Flamenco Fabric Guide will help you choose. You’ll know what to look for, recognize the perfect material for your costume when you see it and buy it without second-guessing your choice.
Flamenco Fabric Guide eBook
- What qualities to look for in a material – so you can recognize a great material when you see one
- About fabric names – and why they don’t really matter
- About flamenco costume fashion – and what’s more important
- About when to use elastic fabrics – probably way less often than you think
- What you need to know about lining your flamenco costume – so you won’t mess up your project by getting the inside of your garment wrong
- Where and when to buy in Spain – if you want to go straight to the source
- General guidelines for how much fabric you need for different garments – and why that’s such a tricky thing for flamenco costumes
the 20 most commonly used types of fabric explained, including
- material composition
- photos showing costumes made from it (yes, they are all costumes I’ve made over the years),
- which garments it is perfect for and which not (I’ve made the mistakes, now you don’t have to),
- what lining to use (if any),
- what I love about it and what to watch out for,
- what it’s called in Spanish in case you plan to shop in Spain or online.
+ You Get Over 20 Fabric Swatches
Small enough to fit into your purse, big enough to give you a feel for the fabrics
Of course there is only so much you can learn about fabrics by reading and looking at photos. It’s really about touch, isn’t it?
That’s why you also receive in the mail actual swatches of all 20 fabrics covered in the ebook so please make sure your shipping address is correct.
This way you can feel for yourself if you like the material or take it to your local fabric store to get help finding something similar.
NOTE: Fabric swatches measure approximately 6x6cm (2×2 inches). Colors and prints may vary.